My Car Is Going To Be Written Off

A place for joe public to talk about anything...
Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

BowzeR wrote:if icould afford an aston martin, i would put my sig on it! rofl!

what clan whore ?? :p
BowzeR

its on my sig aint it ? :p
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS
STEAM: DrZux

See what I mean all those [sh*t] looking Ice-T posted she could have ran into and the bitch picked on mine. :x :x :x :x
Bullet Ride

Some woman ran into the back of me last year, hardly made a mark on my car but I claimed whiplash - over a grand compo

:lol:
Evil Durian
Ru55ian H4ck3r
Ru55ian H4ck3r
STEAM: EvilDurian
ORIGIN: EvilDurian

Okay, used this old posting as I hate to start a new one :good:

Will have a drive with a LEXUS 400H tomorrow as I plan to buy one.
(second hand of course as I think they are ridiculous expensive new)

My BMW 523i Touring is 12 years old, 180.000 km and family thinks it is still a great ride but they want more comfort, bit 'greener', higher seats etc.

Thought this LEXUS is one of the better / best choices.

Anyone of you petrol heads with some (usefull) advice?
Evil-Ugli
Trooper
Trooper

The 5 series has always been the benchmark of the saloons. Why not try and get a 530d, the newest one you can afford so it is as advanced as your pocket allows. Good mpg good performance and very comfy etc. Way better than a Lexus without taking anything away from a decent brand.
Get On With It

Evil Durian
Ru55ian H4ck3r
Ru55ian H4ck3r

BMW 5 is indeed a very fine car, thats why I bought it and have dricen it for 9 years with great joy.
Problem is that the 2004+ model does not look that nice & is not that comfortable.
The recent one improved on looks & comfort but is too new/costly to afford.

In NL you need to drive more then 25000 km a year before diesel becomes worhwhile driving.
Has to do with our roadtax system, much more expensive for diesel & LPG.

Had my drive today in the RX400H and am very impressed by the hybrid performance.

Unfortunately the seats aren't what I expected from a LEXUS.
The back comes halfway my shoulder blades and the headrest is not properly adjustable.

Don't want to go back to Citroen (once had an XM) for comfort as they are terrible in maintenance.

Don't like Audi, so maybe a 7? or a Merc?
Welsh
Bruce's Biatch
STEAM: welshclown

Evil Durian wrote:BMW 5 is indeed a very fine car, thats why I bought it and have dricen it for 9 years with great joy.
Problem is that the 2004+ model does not look that nice & is not that comfortable.
The recent one improved on looks & comfort but is too new/costly to afford.

In NL you need to drive more then 25000 km a year before diesel becomes worhwhile driving.
Has to do with our roadtax system, much more expensive for diesel & LPG.

Had my drive today in the RX400H and am very impressed by the hybrid performance.

Unfortunately the seats aren't what I expected from a LEXUS.
The back comes halfway my shoulder blades and the headrest is not properly adjustable.

Don't want to go back to Citroen (once had an XM) for comfort as they are terrible in maintenance.

Don't like Audi, so maybe a 7? or a Merc?

every dutchman should have a ford Ka, just to get them off british roads.
Evil Durian
Ru55ian H4ck3r
Ru55ian H4ck3r

mmmm :popcorn: why do you felt the need to confirm you indeed are a "welshclown"?
Evil-Ugli
Trooper
Trooper

I can only say with good knowledge passed down from merc owners, that used ones are not as reliable as you would imagine. Defo not up to BMW standards. Also the 400h hybrid system is only usable under 20mph crawling through town (fifth gear reveiw) Have you looked at Jaguar, used prices are great and the newest batch of cars got awesome reviews. Only problem there is they dont stop devaluing. A BM 7 series can be bought used but if anything goes bust it would be a an expencive ordeal and they are rather large.
5 series still wins for me on the basis of what you are after.
Get On With It