FC2 Multiplayer

General chat for Farcry 1, 2 ,3, 4....well you see where we're going with this!
Godz
Captain
Captain
STEAM: godswork
ORIGIN: Godswork

hmmm ive started to play MP now and im starting to get worried dont know if i am blind but.......

you dont get a server list to choose servers they either find you a server for the mode you pick or you join with an IP

bit silly?
I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE 22NDSASSCREAM....AIM....FIRE!!!!!!!!!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

On the XBOX 360 (lan games) you selected the game mode you wanted and searched, it then presented you with a list of servers.

If MP (Internet) on the PC works as your describe then that it a pretty piss poor server browser...something else for them to address!

:: Is there a 'favourites' list you can create?
:: Can you sort by Ping?

Get Fraps and take some screenies of the MP menu if you would/have time :)

Anyone else getting the impression MP was an afterthought - that wasnt thought about much?
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Godz
Captain
Captain

all the screen shots are in the manual i gave you, there is no way to search servers from what i can see? maybe there aint enough servers to see yet?

another piss poor [f*ck] up is this not sure if its a server choice but when you play a ranked match once its over you get kicked from the server so any friends you did make are lost forever.

and when they choose a server for you half the time its 2 arrogant yanks whooping when they shoot you, why cant i pick a full server?

i hope this will improve
UnReaL
May the GAY be with you

IceT-Bag wrote: Anyone else getting the impression MP was an afterthought - that wasnt thought about much?
i was speakin about this with hanzy yesterday, it seems that with no playable demo/beta and dick all info released about mp its making me think back to the farcry 1 "it was just a benchmark game to show what we got" sort of game.

i still cant believe that ubi arent addressing mp in their games, pretty much every game they release (exclusing rainbow 6 series.. which is still not good) is a sp only game with a bit of mp thrown in at the last minute.
It baffles me that they still do this and dont see the money and reputation they can build by making a good mp -.-
Godswork wrote:all the screen shots are in the manual i gave you, there is no way to search servers from what i can see?
not very 'noob' friendly :S
Godz
Captain
Captain

ok further progress i have found a server list but only 2 servers on it, you go into custom servers and search for the game type. it does give you server pings and shows a green marker for a good one.

hopefully i will find more
elpopo

i m reading really bad around the net about the mp... I think i ll buy it after i get my first income at the end of the month. (my new job is cool btw, the secretaire is HOT !!!) But if i continue readin so bad stuff about the mp, i ll think about saving my euros for left4dead...
HanZ
MR. Connection Interupted
STEAM: hanz0000
ORIGIN: hanz0000

shooting loads of zombies... mmmmmmm :lol:

Who do we hate... ¿? HanZ ¿?...we love ya Hanzy ;)
Godz
Captain
Captain

the good points so far:: no lag nice GFX

my bad points gameplay ie:weapon damage, movement, XP,ranks

the game desperatly needs a patch to fix some issues, its difficult to say at the moment but i have to be honest i started to enjoy it a bit later on in TDM, but uprising???? WTF everyone just runs around killing people it might as well be death match

i cant wait for more to play it so we can discuss
Godz
Captain
Captain

mixu

hmm, sp looks great, editor too, but can't test mp, maps are nice though.. What do you recon people? Worth buying? Is fc community going to be reborn and least partly? or