Gfx Issue

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
marmalow
welsh loving closet gay
welsh loving closet gay

Hi Guys, so a follow up on my Gpu problem. ive replaced my old 4850 with a GTX560, Still running the same processor.

But i have a wierd FPS problem on Cod4, I should be able to get 250 easy as pie, but it doesn't give me 250 even on Low resolutions(this is on Lowest Graphics Allowed)

Anyone got a suggestion on the possible Issue

Mr. Plow
Back in 13 yrs
Back in 13 yrs
STEAM: [22ndSAS] Mr. Plow
ORIGIN: MrPlowy

A quick google reveals that COD4 is capped at 90 fps. You can do a cosole thingy to get it uncapped (and prolly banned from some servers (Porky says: AGAIN!!)).

marmalow
welsh loving closet gay
welsh loving closet gay

Mr. Plow wrote:A quick google reveals that COD4 is capped at 90 fps. You can do a cosole thingy to get it uncapped (and prolly banned from some servers (Porky says: AGAIN!!)).
Ive already un capped it, im on promod. you are allowed up to 250fps. but i cant get near that which is wierd

umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

marm why u want 250 fps ????

turn post processing off and shadows and make sure its using dx9
you have to change the file itself as resolution wont affect it as much below a certain point(new cards handle the resolution)
marmalow
welsh loving closet gay
welsh loving closet gay

Now, i would like to add. Im now getting a Nvidia kernal Driver crash

Sains
May the GAY be with you
STEAM: belkinair

I've got a config file somewhere might still have it active on my current cod filed I'll have a gander 2nite that was optimise for fps.

I'm quite sure that if your getting 125 fps that is more than enuff :s
marmalow
welsh loving closet gay
welsh loving closet gay

my Cfg at the moment should get me 250. but like i said it doesn't

Welsh
Bruce's Biatch
STEAM: welshclown

im pretty sure 250 was only ever usefull for certain strafe jumps.......and making your e-[willy] feel bigger. thats the only reason you want 250 right?
marmalow
welsh loving closet gay
welsh loving closet gay

having 250 on cod4, is Useful as you said for certain Strafe's+ Good for moving round maps quicker. at the moment i can barely use 125 without issues on certain maps.

Yesterday, I tried that Horrible Yitch3.cfg that gives max fps boost possible, Still not 250 constant.

umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

i can barely use 125
you on this planet
moving round maps quicker.
the only thing that has ever worked to move round a map quicker is either a bug in animation (sit/prone down stand up gets stuck thus the odd floaty look of movment)
play on yank servers for lagg effect
or the one that was around donkeys. classic run diaganol that got fixed in most games after qauke/unreal

the only way youll destroy fps is to really take out all visual qaulitys and effects then check tripple bufferings off and vsync or uninstall dx9c and replace it with the original dx9 that apeared way back