Recommend a [Socket 775] / [1333 FSB] / [1066/800 DDR2] Mobo

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

....and its working!!!!!

:chr2: :gogf: :dance2: :chr1: :flasher: :chr1: :dance2: :gogf: :chr2:

:)
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

now update the bios on the old board and you,ll have 2 working boards :lol: :shock: :p
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

umbongo(uk) wrote:now update the bios on the old board and you,ll have 2 working boards :lol: :shock: :p
The BIOS on the old board was the latest version mate ...and it still sucked :(
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

i was reading up on the p5 today wile drinking coffeee n paintin me door and the one thing that stood out was complaints from the memorey controller/mem frequeny

seems the board dosent like high ram

A future BIOS revision should also address the memory glitches we suffered, as the P5KC was a terror when trying to run memory at high frequencies. We had to use the Auto setting with both DDR2 and DDR3, as trying to use the 1,066MHz of our Corsair XMS2 PC2-8500 - or even the 1,333MHz setting we tried with the Patriot PC3-15000 (1,866MHz) - made the system hang at POST. On one occasion, we had to use Vista's excellent MBR repairer, TAKE NOTE HERE ICEY as the memory controller messed up the boot procedure. Stock tests therefore had to be conducted with the DDR2 at 800MHz and the DDR3 at 1,066MHz.

there other thing but most point to running it lower/default to get the board stable :)
to me they sold somthing that dosent do what it says to a degree

many of the articles i read n forum posts heres the one that basically says it all and sorts the issue out
seems it does need a bios update but will never get one as there old hat now so generic ram/ timings seem to be the order of the day for it
http://www.bit-tech.net/custompc/review ... -p5kc.html

best bet stick some generic ram in sell it
ill buy it :lol: :D
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Yeah I was one of the P5KC owners complaining on the official Asus forums that the advertised suppport for DDR2 PC2-8500 was a load of crap.

Loads of people who had DDR2 PC2-8500 had to run it at 800 for the motherboard to be stable - this is what I did, just ran it as plain DDR2 800 and it worked fine for ages until the week or two before I got the new motherboard.

Shame really, as apart from the dodgy memory support and lack of a BIOS update to address it, it was a good spec board....now gathering dust in my loft.