The Division (4 player co-op)

A place to discuss upcoming new games, we'll let you talk about Call of Duty but you will run the risk of being ridiculed or banned if you sound like a fan boy!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Well I played the Beta with Mr Plow for about 3 hrs last night.

It looks nice, runs nice but the game-play is a bit meh. Think I'll hold back on this one to see other gamers reviews before parting with cash.

I acknowledge betas have limited content, but for me this game has 4 things you can do:

1> Do story line missions (only 1 available in beta) which had some decent action and plot...which leads to base upgrades which leads to better gear (some progression)
2> Do random side missions (give citizens food/drink/medkit) and maybe get a loot item in return....kind of reminded me of hunting the diamonds in Farcry 2 - just there as 'fillers' in the open world but boring after a while
3> Shoot random street gangs you come across as you do your day-z-running from side of the map to the other (who were all black - no racism at Ubi!)
4> Loot bags/boxes for items, though how you use these loot items escapes me - maybe it wasnt fully implemented in the beta.

The UI took bit of getting used to but once your familiar with it your ok. There are some nice combat mechanics, different nades/ammo and sometimes hilarious physics (bodies flying through the air) but the AI are bullet sponges (unless you headshot).

For me, as per usual, Ubisoft are spending more on Marketing and Hype than substance in the game. I wont be pre-ordering, I'll hold on to my purse strings till the full game is out (expect a day-zero-patch from what Ive read on the forums).
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.