RAGE (09-2011)

A place to discuss upcoming new games, we'll let you talk about Call of Duty but you will run the risk of being ridiculed or banned if you sound like a fan boy!
HanZ
MR. Connection Interupted
STEAM: hanz0000
ORIGIN: hanz0000

Rage (stylized as RAGE) is an upcoming first-person shooter game by id Software. It will use the company's new id Tech 5 engine. The game was first shown as a tech demo on June 11, 2007, at Apple's WWDC, and was officially announced on August 2, 2007, at QuakeCon. On the same day, a trailer for the game was released by Gametrailers.com. A handheld spin-off has been released for iOS.

Information available so far indicates that the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world similar to that of other popular video games such as Fallout. In an interview with GameSpot, designer Tim Willits revealed that the game is set in the near future following the impact of the asteroid 99942 Apophis. Matthew J. Costello, who worked on the plot of Doom 3, is also working on the Rage plot. Influences on the driving and racing gameplay include games such as MotorStorm and Burnout, according to another Willits interview by Shacknews. Players will be able to upgrade their cars with money won from races. wiki
This game looks better with every new trailer:

http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vau ... _br0mv.flv[/flv]

Who do we hate... ¿? HanZ ¿?...we love ya Hanzy ;)
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Looks really cool, just hope it doesnt follow other "cool looking" games and ends up with 30 minute SP (slight exageration)
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
HanZ

not much known about the multiplayer but overall I get the impression that this is a singleplayer/co-op orientated game.
At the moment, Rage Combat Rally supports four players (the developers are aiming for six, but everything is subject to technical constraints and gameplay balance), and a typical match lasts about three minutes (which can be adjusted by players). The basic goal, besides shooting your opponents, is to score points by driving through rally points -- these in turn grant multipliers for your overall score. Victory conditions depend on which mode you're playing (Team Rally, Chain Rally where pretty much everybody drives after the lead player, and simple Vehicle Deathmatch), and all stats get stored into a persistent profile that details your level progression (which in turn unlocks additional vehicles, weapons, and items). The current plan is to have at least five Rage Combat Rally maps out-of-the-box, with DLC to be determined later.

For the next feature, Hooper quipped, "How can you do co-op with big single player campaign?" He discounted the idea of simply dropping another player into the same universe, but he noted that the team stumbled upon the idea of "legends." "You know, when the sheriff of Wellsprings talks about the time when he and a couple of the boys walked into town after the Shrouded had taken over," stated Hooper. Hence, the separate cooperative mode called "Legends of the Wasteland," where two players work through a defined side-mission (such as the aforementioned Wellspring clean-up, or a cooperative version of Mutant Bash TV). The main differences in co-op look like increased enemy count and occasional puzzles (such as one player opening vaults or passageways, and the other player defending the opener or grabbing a now-accessible item). The team is still experimenting with how many missions total, or the exact structure (do you unlock missions? Or access all of them right away?) of this mode.

umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

cool krull blade ,,,,,,,,,,,,fap fap
axeskyhigh
PorKys GinGa BaG
PorKys GinGa BaG

graphics pretty but you get the feeling it's duke nukem to a degree
i.e move to new area muties spawn and run at you, move to new area muties spawn and run at you,
repeat and rinse!!

i'd love to see someone combine say elder scrolls oblivion with myst (fps/rpg/adventure)
where you'd a get free roaming world with ai intelligence (using cover working as a team),large inventory and decent puzzles to solve before you can move on, (not just pull lever to activate door etc).
add co-op and you've got something special.
atm its just "churn out the same formulaic crap, until the mongs of the world get bored"
but it's taking too long!!!

i think it would be great if you could combine inventory items to make new items for instance or to enhance others like deus ex/oblivion.
have melee in game where you have to watch for an opening to attack and blocking attacks are important i,e oblivion/mount and blade.
solve puzzles by combining/breaking down items working out codes etc like any decent adventure game.
a decent story well acted where what you do in the world affects the world so that every playthrough is different.
and then be able to experience it with your friends in co- op.
am i asking too much ??
Welsh
Bruce's Biatch
STEAM: welshclown

axeskyhigh wrote:graphics pretty but you get the feeling it's duke nukem to a degree
i.e move to new area muties spawn and run at you, move to new area muties spawn and run at you,
repeat and rinse!!

i'd love to see someone combine say elder scrolls oblivion with myst (fps/rpg/adventure)
where you'd a get free roaming world with ai intelligence (using cover working as a team),large inventory and decent puzzles to solve before you can move on, (not just pull lever to activate door etc).
atm its just "churn out the same formulaic crap, until the mongs of the world get bored"

i think it would be great if you could combine inventory items to make new items for instance or to enhance others like deus ex/oblivion.
have melee in game where you have to watch for an opening to attack and blocking attacks are important i,e oblivion/mount and blade.
solve puzzles by combining/breaking down items working out codes etc like any decent adventure game.
a decent story well acted where what you do in the world affects the world so that every playthrough is different.
am i asking too much ??

Stick to flying jezzer :lol:

But nahh i see your point........dragon age 2?
axeskyhigh
PorKys GinGa BaG
PorKys GinGa BaG

Rekhyt wrote:
axeskyhigh wrote:graphics pretty but you get the feeling it's duke nukem to a degree
repeat and rinse!!

am i asking too much ??

Stick to flying jezzer :lol:

But nahh i see your point........dragon age 2?
prob a good game but doubt it has those ingrediants i mention above :(
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

graphics pretty but you get the feeling it's duke nukem to a degree

i d engine
HanZ

another sweet looking gameplay trailer :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ui6j35Y ... r_embedded[/flv]

Mr. Plow
Back in 13 yrs
Back in 13 yrs
STEAM: [22ndSAS] Mr. Plow
ORIGIN: MrPlowy

Nice!