Trojan.Generic in FC 1.6 CryGame.dll ?

General chat for Farcry 1, 2 ,3, 4....well you see where we're going with this!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

My anti-virus just flagged FARCRY > FCLOADER > 16 > Bin32 > CryGame.dll as possibly containing a Trojan

Anyone else had that?

Wierd how it just flagged up, havent even got FC running, not had it running for a while now.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

IceT-Bag wrote:My anti-virus just flagged FARCRY > FCLOADER > 16 > Bin32 > CryGame.dll as possibly containing a Trojan

Anyone else had that?

Wierd how it just flagged up, havent even got FC running, not had it running for a while now.
If you've got a cracked crygame.dll it's an old false positive. some of the code used was borrowed from open source and has also been borrowed by those nice virus writers trojan_w32_generic.shtml it can't name a specific virus but recognises the code as having been present in other trojans.
I use a bunch of utilities from http://www.nirsoft.net/ since 2003 that antivirus software have been tagging as bad since 2005 but I've never had a problem with them
I've heard Hanzy talk!
Some people are like Slinkies. They’re not really good for anything; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

I've got a no-cd crack for fc, but it is just the exe file and no dlls.

Maybe the 1.6 patch has modified it as part of the process.
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

possibly if it's only effecting 1.6, have you got 1.4 there as well? I wouldn't put it past something ducksqueal did.
I've heard Hanzy talk!
Some people are like Slinkies. They’re not really good for anything; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
blackdog

1.6 has an edited crygame.dll file, which has been encrypted in a very secure way, to keep people from hacking it. This type of encryption and the encription program is also used by many viruses and trojans, your antivirus sees that and thinks it is one too. But it isnt of course :-)
This could also happen with the http_server.exe file sometimes, but I think we have already deleted this file in the client version, cause its not needed anymore ;)
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Thanks for explaining that Blackdog :)

:salute: