Apparently it removes the DVD check, which would mean I could actually play it since my DVD is fubar'd and no longer works. It also has a hardcore mode now, though they still have implemented a working in-game auto-team balance, so no doubt team fudging will still occur.
Anyhow, patch link is here: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/far_cry_2/far_cry_2_1.03.exe (60mb)
Dedicated Linux SADS here: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/far_cry_2/Fa ... nux.tar.gz
Ubi Thread here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 5001046957
Far Cry®2 v1.03 Update
If you had problems applying the 1st patch (1.01), please apply this cumulative patch.
STEAM users: Please wait until the patch is available through Steam.
- A new server software has been created. Please consult the FC2ServerLauncher_ReadMe.txt file in the \bin folder for further documentation.
- Fixed a bug with the "Jackal tapes" accounting
- Made most weapons slightly more accurate
- Slightly extended length of the short-range damage category for most weapons
- Reduced the damage of all sniper weapons
- Reduced the damage of the MGL-140 grenades
- Reduced the damage of the M79 grenades
- Reduced the damage of the IED
- Reduced damage stim of the flamethrower by 1 step
- Added hardcore mode in the Advanced Options page. Weapons will do more damage and enemy names will be hidden after the invincibility period.
- Players are now displayed by XP order in the scoreboard.
- Allow players to rejoin the host after a ranked match.
- Allow the minimum player settings to be changed from the lobby.
- Allow force launch in ranked match.
- Fixed an issue with the launch map button which was displayed too low on some SDTV (480i - 4:3).
- Fixed a crash in menu browser when returning to a parent menu page while searching for a match.
- Fixed initial rank and XP replication.
- Limit to one class reset per game.
- Now possible to play a map from the downloadable content with the dedicated server.
- Now possible to include an approved custom map in ranked games.
- Added a quick search option for ranked approved custom maps.
- Fix IED (improvise explosive devices) destruction