Clint Hocking posts on random blokes blog

General chat for Farcry 1, 2 ,3, 4....well you see where we're going with this!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Interesting to see Clint post on someones blog about FC2, he explains why some things where done the way they where, and where they got things wrong (ie: repopulating guard points so often).

:: http://www.pentadact.com/index.php/2008 ... ment-37628
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
HanZ
MR. Connection Interupted
STEAM: hanz0000
ORIGIN: hanz0000

Here’s how good an idea Michelle had about my first ever mission: once I’d done what she asked, after I’d cauterised the wounds, plucked the shrapnel from my flesh and put out most of the fires on my person, I found her and - without a word - shot her in the spine. As she attempted to hobble away, I slit her throat with a machete, then drove it through her chest, shot her six times in the face with her own Magnum and set fire to her corpse. Then ran it over.
The idea of setting up an ambush, Michelle, is that the enemy should get ambushed. Not me, twice.
great story telling :lol:

developer wrote:The guardposts thing - yeah, we're getting raked over the coals for that. Funny thing is, we did discuss it and unfortunately, while there are better theoretical solutions than repopulating them after unloading, none of them are terribly simple (in the time we had to react to the weakness). I decided it was better to have them repopulate rather than have the player be able to empty the world of gameplay too easily... I still think it is the better solution barring a really robust one that would have taken weeks we did not have. As much as I think it is the best possible solution, I admit I underestimated the response. Lesson learned.
as for the fast respawning guardposts, just time pressured to do what they did. :shock:

Who do we hate... ¿? HanZ ¿?...we love ya Hanzy ;)