Slugworths & IceT-Bags FC2 Review

General chat for Farcry 1, 2 ,3, 4....well you see where we're going with this!
UnReaL
May the GAY be with you

if we are being realistic, its way too late to get them to put assault in.
Theyre gona have the game all finished off now and are just trying to polish around the edges to make it ready for release, so theyre just not gona want to make a whole new gametype because realistically that would put the release back a few months.

oh well at least ill save myself 30 bob if im gona download the game rather than buy it now :?
Godz
Captain
Captain
STEAM: godswork
ORIGIN: Godswork

lets make it simple!!!!!

cod4 as go no assault and most people play that? why cant farcry 2 be enjoyable give it a chance you never know, i been waiting far to long to write it off before the release
I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE 22NDSASSCREAM....AIM....FIRE!!!!!!!!!
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Making Assault or other game modes available in the future as part of DLC is one option.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
BowzeR

lol godz has a point. wtf is so important about assault? if fc1 didnt have it then every1 would probably buy this any ways? stfu moaning u fkin southern fairies.... christ. atleast u lot can play the cunting game... my pc wont play [sh*t]..... trackmania ftw!
GrumpyOG
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: [22ndSAS]SeaWibble
ORIGIN: GrumpyG

My biggest upset is the limited number of vehicles means no great race maps :cry:
UnReaL
May the GAY be with you

Godswork wrote:lets make it simple!!!!!

cod4 as go no assault and most people play that? why cant farcry 2 be enjoyable give it a chance you never know, i been waiting far to long to write it off before the release

cod4 has s&d, a proven successful multiplayer gametype which has been used through many games in slightly different ways

the whole appeal of farcry 2 for me was basically assault, if it didnt have that I was never gona b happy about it.

For me, I buy games which have an appealing multiplayer, so thats what developers need to upsell to me. Because if I think that a game is gona have a [sh*t] mp to begin with I will download it for its sp, why waste my money on a game Im gona play once?

Same for crysis, I played the mp beta, and it was shockingly bad

So when it came out, I downloaded it, played the sp...which was shockingly bad and that was it.
Im not gona spend 30 quid on a game thats gona b on my pc for a matter of hours and then never be used again
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

The reason Assault was great for me is that is required good teamwork and tactics.

Everyones focus was on attacking/defending a single flag - it wasnt a 'run around like headless chicken' game mode like DM, TDM, CTF and Uprising.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
mixu

>Uprising (a TDM with 3 control points)

Lets be fair, it is not actually true, ... well on public it will be , but this mod isn't going to work on public anyway as WARLORD HAS to be good...

BUT thinking about clangames, THE problem of CONQUEST type gamemods was lacking of action, unless you have 32 people on each side, for example CRYSIS, you capture the point, and you either have to camp there and wait some one to come or go to another point and lose this one after 20 sec , after some random guy ran around there... With VIP thing in UPRISING , you can't capture points randomly, in clan games i mean... Every attack should be well planned to clear base and give the WORLORD needed cover.. Of course points can be captured back but that is not that easy at all, I see for example people after taking 2 flags, starting defending them... then the game is turning in assault... Also it will give more space for tactics, like you have to think how to defend, how many man put to defend or attack some point, you can for example make fake attacks with whole group on one and take another after defend rotates, and so on... TBH I personally more worried about how good the netcode is going to be, how well weapons are balanced, can we switch off that XP system , rockets....

Basicly you will not succeed or capture anything if you run around like headless chicken, no way

But as i said , on public servers uprising will FAIL and turn into TDM

CTF can be good, for example in VIETCONG ctf was super popular, and it might actually work here as well

my 2 cents
Godz
Captain
Captain
STEAM: godswork
ORIGIN: Godswork

well said Mixu although i will miss assault uprising will be tactical in a match enviroment but in pub i fear for it
I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE 22NDSASSCREAM....AIM....FIRE!!!!!!!!!
Hervig

Uprising might be fixable...?!? :)

Like on some servers (in COD4) where everyone has a bomb, just make every f00ker a "warlord", so all attackers can capture!

The capture of F1 opens the way to F2 (using "triggers" to remove an invisible wall or open a bridge...) & lock F1 (or make the recapture points massive... so no recapturing!)

"Uprising" becomes "Assault"!?! :?