Formula 1 2012

A place to post any informative or humorous media...
Evil-Ugli
Trooper
Trooper

Formula 1 2012

Postby Evil-Ugli » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:07 pm

I know a few lads who crave for this like myself (friday and cactus) but I have only just learnt that the BBC have agreed to share the coverage with sky Sports due to financial limitations.
The BBC are showing 10 races (dont know which ones) where as Sky are showing absolutely everything including the kitchen sink.

Now from what I have read, my understanding of the Sky deal is if you are an existing sky plus HD customer you get it free even if you do not subscribe to the sports channels. This is me, so am I right in thinking this or am I gonna be very dissapointed.
Get On With It

Welsh
Bruce's Biatch
STEAM: welshclown

Re: Formula 1 2012

Postby Welsh » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:53 pm

generally if it's sports they keep it to sports channels don't they?

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/formula-one/

looks like it's a seperate channel with HD packages, so you should be okay :salute:

I have sky sports package in my house so I get it too.......vrooom vroom.
The Porkmeister is simply the Gayest! He's just Gay Gay GAY!!!:O
Friday
Trooper
Trooper
ORIGIN: 22ndSAS_Friday

Postby Friday » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:38 am

As a self confessed petrol head and zealous F1 fan, this has been a very contentious point for me and many other UK F1 fans.

The BBC did indeed do the dirty and sell off free-to-air F1 to Sky, before another free-to-air channel such as ITV or even channel 4 even got a look in, which is why they were taken to court over breaking Ecclestones Concorde agreement, which said that F1 should always be free-to-view in the UK. The BBC basically didnt want to sell F1 to one of their main free-to-air rivals, and opted to *ahem* "share" coverage with Sky, screwing over the vast majority of UK F1 fans in the process.

Sky originally were only offering their F1 coverage to Sky Sports customers, which is their top dollar subscription, but have recently bowed to public demands slightly by letting all existing Sky HD customers have access to their new SkyF1 channel, even if they dont have the expensive Sky Sports package. This is you Ugs, and luckily is also me so I get to watch all F1 races live.

For the unlucky few million people around the UK that havent sold their soul to Mr Murdock, the BBC will be showing half the races live, but the other races will only be extended highlights, which really, really sucks major cheesy donky bollocks, and the BBC should be massively ashamed of screwing over the hordes of UK F1 fans.

Prior to Sky backing away from their "only Sky Sports customers get to watch F1" stance, I was ready to completely boycott watching F1 in the 2012 season, as are many others still going to be as far as I know. But seeing as I can now watch it on the Sky package that I have, I am too weak to say no :(

Murdock, Ecclestone and the BBC still smell of cat wee though.
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS
STEAM: DrZux

Postby DrZux » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:56 am

As someone who has not sold my soul to Murdoch I'm [f*cking] pissed with this. I have watched F1 for as long as I can remember, 1st recollections are building lego F1 cars to push around whilst watching James Hunt and co.

Why as an F1 fan would I only want to watch half the bloody season then extended highlights, smells of piss.

I will look for a streaming channel on the net, I will not get Sky.
Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

Postby Porky » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:56 am

i blame the console kiddies myself...

they fooked with pc gaming

and now F1

whats next...."eastenders"?

and after, they wonder why theres so much piracy (backup copies) and programme streaming

and ugli this was news last summer :lol:
DO NOT CLICK ME

CLICK ME

porky once bagged a whole clan whilst being naked...then they left the server :P
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS

Postby DrZux » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am

LOL it is old news, still pisses me of tho' on my car forum we have had big debates on this.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Postby IceT-Bag » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 pm

DrZux wrote:LOL it is old news, still pisses me of tho' on my car forum we have had big debates on this.

Did you mass debate Joe? :lol: * giggles to self like a school girl *
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
DrZux
Mr TouReTTeS

Postby DrZux » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes mate but only over

Godz
Captain
Captain
STEAM: godswork
ORIGIN: Godswork

Postby Godz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:00 pm

I love F1 and a very big fan of it, bbc pissed on us all basically.

You get the F1 Channel yes a full channel on sky if you already subscribe to sky sports 1 and 2, all races on sky are without advertisments so there will be no breaks during the race, martin Blundell has also gone to sky.

sky do things well but unfortuently they also rob you of money, i dont doubt it will be goos coverage but many will feel left out because of the BBC unable to support it, where do we pay our TV licence to?
I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE 22NDSASSCREAM....AIM....FIRE!!!!!!!!!
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

Postby umbongo(uk) » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:46 pm

where do we pay our TV licence to

[sh*t] soaps and polar bear cam shaped like a bannana that make more noise than ur grannies dildo

the only problem with the sky f1 and watching it streaming on internet is that not all of it will be covered (well more than the beeb )sopcast

Return to “Media Forum”