Computer keeps tabbing out of windows

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
marmalow
welsh loving closet gay
welsh loving closet gay

Any one familiar with this annoying issue. basically my PC keeps tabbing between other windows, and just randomly tabbing off things when i don't want it to about every 30-40 seconds which is highly annoying as it does it while im playing games aswell.

i dont mind so much if its just the Internet windows. but when im playing games its a massive pain the back side, Ive done some googling already and there doesn't seem to be any actual straight up answer to what causes this [sh*t].

Ive done Virus scans and Malware scans and Both scans Have turned up no signs of any Malicious software on my system. im just hoping for some kind of way of bypassing it if its a windows 7 bug.

Id like not to have to wipe my system either. as i have alot of downloaded games. and due to my location i am on a capped line.

IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Still sounds like a trojan to me mate. Did you try scanning with SuperAntiSpyware ?

Try creating another windows account and log on to that to see if it effects that account too.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

Do you have a Microsoft mouse? If so see if you have a process called ipoint.exe - if you do kill the process and see if that sorts it.

If you have windows sidebar (for desktop gadgets) running kill it (sidebar.exe)
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin

umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

back up all your games especially if you got them from steam .will make it easier in future to reload them without having to logg on

sounds like a shortcut key issue . and i dont have a win 7 copy running right now so youll have to check that windows key etc arnt set and if i remember right this is a regedit setting if you are using basic hid devices (standard peripherils)
NOTE this applies only if you cant find your keyboard software .as in your keyboard has lots of media keys for email,playing music etc and has its own driver software the same goe for your mouse. inside their programs is where you would change what keys/clicks do what ,you will then have to troubleshoot from there by turning every thing off and work your way up until the issue shows again.sound laborious but turn all the option you wouldnt use off firt and leave the bog stadards on .

A quicker way is to remove all third party keyboard/mouse driver and let winnobs load the generic ones and see if this stops the issue before going on to the devices specific software and doing the above..lol see how i put the easiest solution next to last

plus i run generic hid device so i had to turn the windowshot key off myself .....eg 1 screwdriver ..remove rubber pressure pad voila left windows key disabled lol