hard drives

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

now tis not a good time to be buying said items as the floods have increased the price of these items

as me n shaggs found out they have even hiked the price on drives they have in store already even tho these fckers were in the country before the floods

this has been a public anouncment by umbongo(uk)on behalf of the ripping off basterd in pc shops who are being greedy twats on products that werent even in the country at the time of flooding and prolly say made in 2009 on them :)

good news ddr3 is very cheap

Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333MHz £18.00

ddr2 £25.00 for 2gb 1066

Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800mhz £37.65

have a pleasant day
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

1, shops base their price on replacement stock not current stock, this lets them take advantage of price changes up or down, petrol stations do the same (doesn't go down very often)

2, drive stortage is only partially due to floods, there was good stocks in the warehouses but the major manufacturers panic bought to make sure they have enough for christmas and created a retail shortage quadrupling prices in just over a week.

3, look to normal service restarting sometime after the new year
I've heard Hanzy talk!
Some people are like Slinkies. They’re not really good for anything; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

i find it bloody terrible they can charge extra on drives that are going to be mothballed (old drive they were having specials on suddenly shiot back to normal with sprinkles on )and ocz cunning plan for the [sh*t] ssd drives in the pipeline ureliable cack to rip off the casual user thinking there getting a bargan ssd, im going to use tapes only from now on its the future septic peg told me so :lol: :p