Performance Boosting Software for Gaming

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Performance Boosting Software for Gaming

Postby IceT-Bag » Sun May 22, 2011 5:59 pm

As many PC Gamers will know, unlike our retarded step-child console brethren, we have many things running in the background whilst we game that can affect performance, usually services related to the Windows Operating System or additional software.

Rejoice my non-retarded brothers!!!! ...as there are programs available to reduce the number of background processes which result in increased performance for our games.

:: AlacrityPC (Formerly FSAutostart)

This was initially created for Flight Sim gamers (those handsome flyboys!) but it can be used with any game. Its GUI is very basic and its aimed more at people familiar with what processes run on their PCs and what they do.

+ Free
+ Does what it says on the tin

- GUI isnt novice friendly
- Doesnt have a Win7 profile, so you have to modify a Vista profile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: GameBooster

This is very similar to AlacrityPC, however this is stated as supporting Win7 and has a very easy to use GUI. It also has other features, such as checking your hardware drivers are up to date.

+ Does what it says on the tin
+ Checks for latest hardware drivers
+ Easy to use GUI

- Free version is limited, costs $9.99 for Premium version (annual subscription)
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.
IceT-Bag
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
[22ndSAS] Server Admin
STEAM: icetbag
ORIGIN: IceTBag
UPLAY: IceT-Bag

Re: Performance Boosting Software for Gaming

Postby IceT-Bag » Sun May 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Whilst I've been a long time user of AlacrityPC (and also from the days when it was called FSAutoStart) I have now switched to GameBooster v2.3 and I must say it is a very good program.

It has made a noticeable difference in FPS on my Flight Sims, especially IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.
The best defence against software piracy is producing a game worth buying.

Return to “Computer Related”