grathic card prob

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
qwert
Trooper
Trooper
STEAM: samqwert
ORIGIN: samqwert

right i got a new graphics card a while ago and i fort it was having probs with the fan on it. So i sent it back on warrenty i got a new card a engtx275 i just pluged it in set it up and now im having the same issue. wat the prob is, is that the fan wont turn up it stays at like 1400 rpm so the temps at like 42c as soon as i turn it on wat could be the prob im thinking maybe a new power supply plz help me ladys :D :salute:
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
STEAM: konradski
ORIGIN: umbongo21

nothing wrong mate thats the correct idle temp for the card . most cards idle round this point unless it a heat pipe construction hs added .. mines 33/36 idle

the drivers tell the fan to spin up during 3d programs>>> unless u use a third party program to manualy set it//rivia tuner....... etc:::
most fans try to stick below the 40 db sound so if it does spin up its inaudiable unless your using water cooling apparatus ..your cpu fan or psu units fan usual drown it out
only audiable in mine is the psu fan and even then its not distracting audiable when a games running

here have a read
extracted :::
At idle you can expect a temperature of 40~45 degrees C / 111 F. Pretty normal. Once we push the GPU to 100%, the temperatures take a pretty hefty toll and settle at 80+ Degrees C ~ 179 F. This remains fine within designed operational specifications but it's warm alright.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-g ... iew-test/5
qwert
Trooper
Trooper

but wen i actually try to push up the fan speed i just get a warning saying theres somthing wrong with the fan but this is using the utility wat come with the card smart doctor or somthing like that i havent tried throw the bios yet i will give that a go and see if i have any luck
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr

have you tried going to asus/uttilities/smartdoc and downloading the latest program .

somtimes [sh*t] bundled with a card aint the best/up to date .

trying to hammer the old sqaure peg into the new revised sqaure hole may not work :lol:

ok qwert do this for me uninstall the smartdoc [sh*t].and if your not botherd about finding its updated version:: download

EVGA presision i just tried it again to test (i dont need it as the ati cat suite works fine now :) )
linky for you

http://majorgeeks.com/EVGA_Precision_d6209.html

it even has pop up boxes for the new oc,ers to read on what the fck their fiddling with :D

to jump straight in go to fan ,it will be the bottom right tab ,disable auto by clicking on it far right next to fan ,push slider up to were you find the fan noise to your taste

dont forget after every slider ajustment to click APPLY or it will just be a visual ajustment on the app

you acan also use evga to overclock the card and test each oc ,,,its just like ati,s version called overdrive and just as simple to use
qwert
Trooper
Trooper

it was that smart doctor crap i used the evga works a charm thanks dude :good:
umbongo(uk)
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr
YoRkShIrE StRiPpEr

that will be £18.50 incl vat :D :lol:
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

umbongo(uk) wrote:that will be £18.50 incl vat :D :lol:
FM you're cheap, I charge £40/hr
I've heard Hanzy talk!
Some people are like Slinkies. They’re not really good for anything; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Porky
The Dentist
The Dentist
STEAM: Porky_69

Sky wrote:
umbongo(uk) wrote:that will be £18.50 incl vat :D :lol:
FM you're cheap, I charge £40/hr
we'll he is SCOTTISH :p
aK.

wen i first got battlefield i couldnt load it up without my pc resterting core temp was reading highs in the 80-90degree mark - all i needed to do was clean all the [sh*t] out of the fan and now it works like a treat!!! :)
qwert
Trooper
Trooper

i got £3.57 a paper clip and some sort of fluf :lol: