Norton AntiVirus 2011 Beta

New PC Hardware? Computer Trouble? Tell us all here..
HanZ
MR. Connection Interupted
STEAM: hanz0000
ORIGIN: hanz0000

I myself am using MSE (Microsoft Essentails) at the moment, but it couldn't hurt looking for alternatives. :)

After looking at some independent tests I noticed that Norton has improved last year.(low system resources, faster booting)

Currently Norton is having a public beta which allows you to use Norton Anti-Virus untill September 27th.

I'm just wondering if anyone is using it and if it really has improved(or are sites like this full of [smellyfish])

i could just test it but rather ask for experience before installing trash on my pc (like mw2 :p )

Who do we hate... ¿? HanZ ¿?...we love ya Hanzy ;)
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

Pity they won't change the name to Symantec AV and drop the Norton.
You could always install it on a VM to test it.
But currently the MS essentials seems to be doing a good job.
I've heard Hanzy talk!
Some people are like Slinkies. They’re not really good for anything; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Sains
May the GAY be with you
STEAM: belkinair

Been using Kapersky ever since ive owned a computer, although i used bitdefender for a while i liked all the handy extras you got inc red cleaner, game mode etc. I might have to give norton ago cos i had a nasty trojan in a portable hd that kaper didnt detect wtf :~
Sky
MW2 Traitor!

Sains wrote:Been using Kapersky ever since ive owned a computer, although i used bitdefender for a while i liked all the handy extras you got inc red cleaner, game mode etc. I might have to give norton ago cos i had a nasty trojan in a portable hd that kaper didnt detect wtf :~
If Kap didn't detect it then I very much doubt that Norton will.
Try MS Security Essentials http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/?mkt=en-us (a must for Vista as it replaces Windows Defender)
and Malwarebytes antispyware/malware http://www.malwarebytes.org
I've heard Hanzy talk!
Some people are like Slinkies. They’re not really good for anything; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!